Subscription-free weather, ADS-B traffic and backup attitude
The GDL 39 has been a popular ADS-B receiver for years, delivering in-flight weather and ADS-B traffic to iPads, Android tablets and Garmin portable GPSs. The new GDL 39 3D is even better, adding a built-in AHRS so your iPad can now show a backup attitude indicator or even a full synthetic vision display. It’s an all-in-one tool that can make your tablet a complete in-flight resource and a potentially life-saving backup.
- Built-in Attitude Heading Reference System (AHRS) creates a backup attitude indicator on your tablet
- View a stunning synthetic vision display, including terrain, obstacles and traffic
- Subscription-free ADS-B weather, including animated NEXRAD radar, METARs, TAFs, NOTAMs, TFRs and more
- Dual band receiver (978 UAT and 1090 ES) allows for reception of ADS-B traffic, with Garmin's TargetTrend display
- Built-in WAAS GPS delivers accurate position data for moving map features
- Bluetooth connection to your iPad, Android tablet or aera 796/795 allows for two devices to wirelessly connect simultaneously
- View complete status information in the Garmin Pilot app
- Includes rechargeable battery pack (lasts 2-4 hours)
Requires Garmin Pilot app to work with iPad or Android devices. Requires cigarette lighter cable (included, works with 12 or 24 volt systems) or battery pack (included) for operation.
ADS-B coverage varies by location and altitude – does not work on the ground in most locations. Coverage not available outside US. Not all traffic will be shown; coverage will vary based on equipment and nearby aircraft. In order to maximize available traffic information for the display, the aircraft should also be equipped with a compliant ADS-B Out solution like the GDL 88 or GTX 330ES/33/23 ES transponders.