Garmin was first to introduce datalink weather for portable devices over a decade ago, forever changing the way pilots fly. Now Garmin is bringing the benefits of in-flight weather to your iPad – without a monthly subscription. The new GDL 39 is a compact, portable ADS-B receiver that delivers weather, traffic and GPS information to the cockpit all in one package.
- Subscription-free ADS-B weather, including animated NEXRAD radar, METARs, TAFs, NOTAMs, TFRs and more
- Dual band receiver (978 UAT and 1090 ES) allows for reception of ADS-B traffic, with Garmin's TargetTrend display
- Built-in WAAS GPS delivers accurate position data for moving map features
- Bluetooth connection to your iPad allows for two devices to wirelessly connect simultaneously
- View complete status information in the Garmin Pilot app
Requires Garmin Pilot App to work with iPad or Android devices.
Requires cigarette lighter cable (included, works with 12 or 24 volt systems) or battery pack (not included) for operation. ADS-B coverage varies by location and altitude – does not work on the ground in most locations. Coverage not available outside US.
Not all traffic will be shown; coverage will vary based on equipment and nearby aircraft. In order to maximize available traffic information for the display, the aircraft should also be equipped with a compliant ADS-B Out solution like the GDL 88 or GTX 330ES/33/23 ES transponders.